viernes, 18 de mayo de 2012

My First Day

After travel more than 20 hours (because my flight had 2 conexions) i arrived in Toronto.
I was so tired and a little nervious for to know my homestay. But in the same time, i was excited.

When I arrived in the house, Michelle, the owner, explained to me all the rules of the house.
One of the things I found rare, was the rule of "remove your shoes" before enter to the house.
I had never done this in my house. I remove my shoes just when i go to my room. But it was okey for me. And time later, I noticed that most of the houses had the same rule.

After this, I took a long NAP. I needed it!
When I woke up, I went to met with my friend from Chile: Marce. She came here 1 month before than me. So I already knew: "I will not be alone here". I think because of that, I never felt desperate on my first day.
But before to see Marce, i had to go to buy the TOKENS to use the transportation (Bus and Subway)

Here, in Canada, there is an organized way to use the transports. You can buy:
- Tokens --> Like coins (see the picture) to use only one time.
- Weekly Pass --> You can use the Subway and Bus from Monday to Sunday whenever you want.
- Montlhy Pass --> You can use the Subway and Bus all month whenever you want.

And because I arrived on Friday, my cheaper option was buy Tokens ;)

MY KEY, TOKENS, AND CANADIAN MONEY

Anyway, as I was saying... I met with Marce. I hadnt' seen since 1 month. It was good =) We walked by Yonge Street to Dundas Square. I was so happy and excited. I loved the city.
We went to Eaton Center (a known mall) to do a contract with a telephone company. I needed to put internet to my iPhone (yes, I'm a little addicted, i know) . So, just after put Internet to my cellphone, I felt completed. =)

Marce told me the plan for the nigh: Go to Mana (latin place) .
And I went. I was tired, but I went.
I met her friends. Nice people. We drank Beers, Tequila and Rum ... And yes, in the end of the night, i was drunk jaja, but it was good =)

This story, just beginning...

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario