domingo, 27 de mayo de 2012

Prices and Tips

Some people may find cheap Canada. Some people may find expensive. For me, depend of what we are talking about. And of course, everything will depend of where are you from. In my case, I have to compare with my country, Chile.

Talking about clothes, I think Canada is cheaper. Some things you can find for the same price. But if we talk about brand clothes, the price is 30% cheaper (and sometimes, more)
Buuuut, if you compare things like: transportation, drinks (alcohol), food, beauty... OMG the prices are really expensive for me... For example, in Chile one ice cream can cost 1-2 dollars. In canada the prices are from 3....and you have to add the taxes in the end..

BILL IN MC DONALDS

TAXES!!...This is the worst part. You can see the total price just when you pay. In the mosts of places (for no say, ALL places) you see the price without taxes, so many times you can be confused because you think the think is cheaper, but its not =/

Other thing you have to know is about TIPS. In Chile the system is similar. If you go to a restaurant, we add a 10% of the bill for tips... Is not mandatory, but is what you usually done.
Here is a little more: 15%. But there are a different. If you go a restaurant with many people, the tip is includde in the end of the bill. So, you dont have the option to pay less.. I learn this just 2 month after arrive in Canada.. And I think is good to know before ;)


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario